Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The All Clear

Today I got the go ahead from Dr. Blecha to resume exercise. I'll be on my trainer this evening, pedaling for the first time in four and a half months. Never have I so looked forward to riding in place.

In the three months since my surgery, my incision area has presented no problems whatsoever. Although I haven't done any more exercising than simple walking, there have been no signs of claudication (the medical term for the lactate-type fatigue that I was experiencing). However, I have battled some unexpected post-surgical complications that have not involved my incision, but that have put me under the care of a urologist and made me feel rather old and vulnerable. I'm hoping that over time these will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers